TO E-PAY, YOU WILL NEED:
- Download the IAS membership fill-in form from our web site (PDF).
- Open the form in Acrobat Reader and fill it out. Be sure to save your changes.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com
- Return to the IAS site, pull down (or click on) the "Join the Society" tab and select "Pay Membership Dues."
- Choose Regular or Student membership (see notes below) and click "Add to Cart." Your shopping cart will appear in a new window.
- Return to the previous ("Pay Membership Dues") window.
- Add Astronomical League membership, magazine subscriptions or any other selections you previously made on the membership form to your cart.
- Edit your PayPal shopping cart as you would for any online purchase, then click one of the "checkout" buttons.
- Fill out payment information and click the "Pay" button.
- An email will automatically be sent to the IAS Treasurer notifying him of your payment.
- IF YOU DON'T WANT TO E-PAY, omit steps 3-10 above. Instead, print your completed form and mail with payment to the address listed on the form. Personal checks should be made payable to "Indiana Astronomical Society."
- NEW MEMBERS are strongly encouraged to join the IAS-Indy Yahoo Group to receive late-breaking updates on upcoming IAS functions and general astronomy.
- STUDENT MEMBERSHIPS are intended for those of high school age and older who want voting privileges, etc. Minor children are very welcome at IAS events and buying them a separate membership is generally unnecessary.
- SPOUSES of members are also members, including voting privileges, ability to hold office, etc. Please, do not send a separate payment for your spouse. Just include his/her name and email address on the membership form so we can get things set up properly.
- IF PURCHASING A MAGAZINE, it may take a couple months to receive your first issue. Your first copy of the Astronomical League's Reflector, being a quarterly publication, could take substantially longer.